The gastronomic quality award stars of the Michelin Guide has been awarded to special restaurants since 1926. The list in the “Guide Michelin”, a hotel and travel guide that is published in different countries every year, awards a maximum of 3 Michelin stars.
The award criteria are described as follows:
- 1 Star – A very fine cuisine worthy of the reader’s attention.
- 2 stars – Excellent cuisine, deserves a detour.
- 3 stars – One of the best kitchens, worth the trip.
9 Michelin stars for 7 gourmet restaurants in the Friuli Venezia Giulia awarded by the Michelin Gourmet Guide 2023.
Currently there are 5 gourmet restaurants in Friuli awarded with a Michelin star. Two restaurants in Friuli have been awarded two stars in total: Ristorante Harry’s Piccolo in Trieste, with starred chefs Matteo Metullio and Davide De Pra, and Ristorante Agli Amici in Udine, with chef Emanuele Scarello.
2 Michelin star gourmet restaurants in Friuli:
- Harry’s Piccolo, Trieste
- Agli Amici, Udine
1 Michelin star gourmet restaurants in Friuli:
- Trattoria al Cacciatore – La Subida, Cormons
- L’Argine a Vencò, Dolegna del Collio
- Osteria Altran, Ruda
- La Primula, San Quirino
- Laite, Sappada