The best starred and gourmet restaurants on Lake Garda
The gastronomic quality award stars of the Michelin Guide has been awarded to special restaurants since 1926. The list in the “Guide Michelin”, a hotel and travel guide that is published in different countries every year, awards a maximum of 3 Michelin stars.
The award criteria are described as follows:
- 1 Star – A very fine cuisine worthy of the reader’s attention.
- 2 stars – Excellent cuisine, deserves a detour.
- 3 stars – One of the best kitchens, worth the trip.
The Michelin Gourmet Guide 2022 awarded 22 Michelin stars to 19 gourmet restaurants on and around Lake Garda. Lake Garda is thus very far ahead in the ranking of Italian regions.
There are currently 16 gourmet restaurants on Lake Garda that have been awarded a Michelin star. A total of 3 gourmet restaurants on Lake Garda were awarded two stars: The Ristorante Casa Perbellini in Verona with star chef Giancarlo Perbellini, the Ristorante Villa Feltrinelli in Gargnano sul Garda with chef Stefano Baiocco and the Miramonti L’Altro in Concesio, Brescia with chef Philippe Léveillé.
2 Michelin-star gourmet restaurants on Lake Garda:
- Casa Perbellini in Verona , Giancarlo Perbellini
- Villa Feltrinelli, Gargnano sul Garda, Stefano Baiocco
- Miramonti l’Altro in Costorio, Brescia, Philippe Léveillè
1 Michelin star gourmet restaurants on Lake Garda:
- La Veranda del Color, Bardolino
- Vecchia Malcesine, Malcesine
- Peter Brunel, Arco
- Locanda Margon, Ravina/Trento
- Senso Alfio Ghezzi Mart, Rovereto
- Oseleta, Loc. Cordevigo a Cavaion Veronese
- Il Desco, Verona
- La Rucola 2.0, Sirmione
- Esplanade, Desenzano del Garda
- Capriccio, Manerba del Garda
- La Tortuga, Gargnano
- Lido 84, Gardone Riviera
- 12 Apostoli, Verona
- Due Colombe, Borgonato
- Amista, San Pietro in Cariano
- La Cru, Romagna